Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chandler meets his teachers


Today Chandler got to meet the teachers that he will have for his 4-year-old preschool class. Their names are Ms. Stephanie (straight hair) and Ms. Diane (curly hair). Chandler is so excited to be heading back to preschool in one week. He was disappointed that he didn't get to stay there today. Here he points out the letter "A"
Chandler will be going MWF, but most students in his class go 5 days. He had fun exploring the new classroom and loved this fun castle.

Ms. Diane asked Chandler if he could find his candle on the birthday cupcake display they had made. Unfortunately there were no candles on the "April" cupcake. Ms. Diane said, "oh no!" and quickly went to get a candle to put Chandler's birthday up. She wanted to know what color he would like and he said, "I like all the colors". When I pressed him to tell her what his favorite color was he said purple. There was a purple candle left for her to write his name on and she asked if that was okay with me? Of course, it's fine. I have no problem with Chandler liking the color purple. Even if I did, I couldn't convince him otherwise :) After all the cupcake drama, we discovered that they had not forgotten Chandler's candle, it was just accidentally on "March". His original candle was blue, but now he has a purple candle on "April" He also spied this purple snake up high on a shelf and wanted to play with it.

It may be hard to tell, but in this picture, Chandler is attempting to jump rope with the snake. He had Brighton and Ms. Stephanie turn it for him.
I know Chandler is going to have a blast this year at preschool. It is bitter-sweet for me since I know this (most likely) will be his last year at preschool. My little boy is growing up!

No comments: