Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I know I'm way late on this one....



So here's Chandler's Five-Month picture, incase anybody wants to compare. Funny....I really didn't plan on C & M wearing the same outfit, but when I took the picture of M, I was thinking that C wore the same outfit and I was right!

Anyways, back to the reason I'm posting. I often DVR Disney movies for the boys to watch when I need some peace and quiet. Well today was one of those days. The boys had been on each other's and my last nerve and I just needed to survive the afternoon before a b-day party later that day. I put on "The Princess and the Frog" and was somewhat paying attention to it while folding laundry, etc....

The movie had some elements of voodoo, but it didn't seem too bad at first. Well about 40 or so minutes into it and I saw more of the voodoo and I had enough. Off that movie went and I deleted it (after showing Derek the one scene that went too far for me). I can't believe that a Disney movie and one rated "G" would need to be pre-screened by me first. Lesson learned.

The "shadowman" in the movie uses black magic and speaks to friends "on the other side". It was definitely portraying Satan to me and was promising souls to them. Hopefully/Luckily I don't think the boys understood this part, but this is definitely not something that I think is appropriate for them. It was very clear to me that the "shadowman" was trafficking in evil and I don't want my boys exposed to this.

Does this make me a prude? I never thought I would be that mom that not allow certain movies (much less ones rated "G"), but I guess I am now!


No comments: