Monday, July 25, 2011

Prayer from the Past


This picture was taken in late July, 2007.

Last weekend, Derek, Maverick, and I traveled to Nashville, NC to begin helping with the process of cleaning out my grandmother's house. I won't lie, this was not something I was looking forward to. I had not been there since her funeral over 3 months ago and knew it would bring up a lot of mixed emotions for me. It was very hard, but I found a few "gems" that I will hold onto and keep her memory alive. The best thing that I found was a handwritten prayer that was on a notecard tucked into a Bible (*note, I tried typing it exactly as written):

Heavenly Father,
Altho we do not expect Jesus to come physically
in our house, help us remember that He is with us
all the time. He said "I am the way, the truth
and the life." No one comes to the Father, except by
me." Help us to live in such a way that we will not
have to change anything when He does come. Help
us to encourage others when they are sick or in trouble
Help us not to be critical of others and above all
help us to love one another as you have loved
us. In your Holy Name, we pray. Amen

No comments: