Monday, December 19, 2011

9 Months in....9 Months OUT!


Wow!  How is it that my little guy is already 9 months old?  Today we had his 9 month check up so I have some stats for you!

Maverick is 18 lbs, 1 oz putting him down to the 15%.  This is the smallest for age he's ever been and definitely the smallest of any of my babies to date.  That's okay.  He's growing fine, and much easier on my back to carry around.  He's 27 3/4" long (30%) and has 45 cm head (65%)

He has one tooth on bottom and one tooth (upper right) on top that came in Friday (12/16).  He is no where near crawling and doesn't really roll or scoot yet.  Here's his newest trick that he also started this weekend.  He can stand for very short periods if you put him there.  He's still in the leaning on things mode to support himself, but I know his legs will get stronger soon.


I may be wrong, but I think he's going to be a late crawler like Chandler was.  He's a very happy guy sitting in one spot, so maybe he's not motivated?

In other news Maverick is eating two meals a day and sometimes a snack.  He's not really mastered the sippy cup but that's probably due to my lack of trying.  He gets frustrated (as do I) and so if I want him to have some juice since he really doesn't "need" it, I put some in a bottle.  He naps about 1 hour in the mornings and about 2 in the afternoons.  He goes down about 7:30 and sleeps until 7-7:30 a.m.

He is babbling some and will say, "da-da-da, ba-ba-ba, and occasionally ma-ma-ma"  In a cute attempt the other night, Chandler encouraged him to say, "Cha-cha-cha" (for Chandler!)  No luck on that one yet!  Maverick, you are such a joy to our lives and we can't wait to see your excitement on this first Christmas.

No comments: