Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wild Elf Chase


Meet, our elf elves, Simon & Samantha.  Our elf, Simon (left) has been a part of our Christmas tradition for a few years now.  The big boys love finding where he's hiding each morning.  Well, yesterday morning a fight, whining, pouting, and an overall general bad attitude resulted from one brother (B) finding the elf before the other brother (C).  I decided right then and there at the breakfast table that Simon was leaving early to report to Santa.  I announced that I looked down the hall and Simon was gone!  I said that he must have flown home early to tell Santa about all the arguing and fighting that was going on, and that Santa was going to be really upset.

Wow!  What a reaction that ensued.  There was crying over that one.  Simon stayed away all day and I also decided that Simon needed to get a brother or a sister to add to the "fun" at our house.  It had been on my mind for sometime that I'd like to eventually have one elf per child so that they can continue the tradition with their families when they are older.

Anyways, I set out after the kids were in bed to get another elf to join the family.  Well, Target # 1 was sold out.  They had called Target # 2, and put one on hold for me, so off I went.  Target # 2 did have an elf for me.  Unfortunately it was black.  Derek laughed out loud when I told him that.  The black elf just wasn't working for me, so off I went to toy store # 3.  They were also sold out!  Finally at B&N I found one that would work.  I had also bought at girl's elf skirt at Target # 1, mainly so it would be easier to tell the elves apart, but also it was cute.  Since I bought her, I'm naming her Samantha.  I wanted an "S" name to sound good with Simon.

I'm going to leave a note with the two elves explaining that Santa decided to have Simon bring his sister back to our house to keep an extra eye on C & B and that he would expect them to have better behavior and to show more sharing and kindness to one another.

Hopefully that will work!

1 comment:

Brandi Walker said...

What a great story! All I have to do is mention that "A" is watching and Davis gets teary eyed. Hanna hasn't caught on as of yet. Hoping she will soon....

Great seeing you today, its been too long!