Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MOPS is a blessing to me

The second and forth Tuesdays of the month are MOPS days.  Oh what a blessing they are to me.  It is a welcome break in my morning, a time to unwind with other preschool moms, and a time to be blessed and be a blessing to others.  Today was a special MOPS meeting because it was our Christmas party.  Our MOPS mentor, is also a very good friend of mine and I had made her a very special gift that I was so excited for her to open.  It was my first attempt at such a painting and I was quite pleased with how it came out.  I have always enjoyed doing artsy/crafty stuff, but I'm such a perfectionist and so critical of myself that I often don't like the end product.  This however was something I could be proud of.


The verse is their family verse and the colors are the colors that she has in her home (hopefully the colors came out okay....they were all hand blended by me using only the primary colors and white!)


Here's my friend, Mindy, holding up the painting.  After a time of food and devotion, there was a presentation of the steering team's favorite things.  There were about 10 different items and then they were raffled off and I was a lucky winner.  I selected the book by Ann Voskamp  called "One Thousand Gifts"  I felt like this book was meant for me and I can't wait to carve out some time to read it.  I've read some of her blog before and I really enjoy it.  I hope that during this season of Christmas that you will take the time to show people what a blessing they are to you and you will be blessed so much more than you can imagine!

No comments: