Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's just like winning the Lottery!

My dear sweet Chandler,

Your fifth birthday is rapidly approaching and before I know it I will no longer have a preschooler in my house.  That's right you'll be going to Kindergarten in the Fall.  I'm so excited for you and for what this change means for our family.  You are growing up and I get the privilege to be here and guide you along the way.  


I just want you to know that God has a plan for you, and has had one for you all of your life.  He will never leave you or forsake you and it is our duty as your parents to help you reach your potential and uncover God's plan for your life.


As the years go by, it's like peeling the layers off an onion.  We all learn a little bit more about who you are and what you can do.  You are already developing a heart for God and that makes a momma so proud.  I hope you will always continue to grow in your faith and share Christ's love for others.  



Several years ago, a friend who had children older than me told me she had been praying about where to send her oldest to Kindergarten.  I thought to myself, why is that something you need to pray about? Little did I know that I would be about to embark on one of the biggest tests of my faith to date.  While doing some reading about "raising boys" I was enlightened to the fact that my clear-cut path of public schools, might not be the best choice for you and for our family.  I needed to do more research about what our options were.  I didn't think private school would be something we could afford, and I certainly didn't want to homeschool.  What was left?


After researching every option we had, I felt God had a clear plan for our family and all I needed to do was to have faith in him and he would provide what we needed.  We essentially had four options: public school, 2 charter schools, and homeschooling.  I prayed over these choices for months.  I read my Bible, and I prayed more.  I asked for God to clearly shut the door to schools that were not right for us and to open the doors that were.  After months of waiting for an answer, I knew today would bring a clear answer to where we were meant to go.

We had narrowed down our choices to two schools; one charter, and homeschooling.  We asked that if it was God's plan to have us attend a charter school that he would provide that seat.  The charter school that we felt was the best fit for Chandler and our family is a Montessori school.  There were over 350 applications for about 33 seats.  It would appear the odds were stacked against us.  Well, God clearly had Chandler's number because they called out his name.  I attended the lottery and couldn't believe how God had answered our prayers.  We feel incredibly blessed to have this opportunity for Chandler and for our family.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you"

No comments: