Friday, March 30, 2012

Super Mom

Some days everything goes wrong.  Some days everything goes right.  

This morning was one of the "everything goes right" kind of days.  I had decided totally last minute to take all three boys (solo) to NCSU's farm animal days.  The last time we went there was 3/17/11.  One day before Maverick was born.  Read about it here


Remembering that it gets SUPER crowded early, I decided my goal would be to get there before it officially opened at 9 a.m.  Boy, did that trick work!  There is usually a line so long that I wouldn't even bother waiting for to have the boys sit in the tractors.  We had our pick.  They tried them all!



Since the farm isn't stroller friendly, in my opinion, Maverick rode in the K'tan.  Normally I would have opted for the Ergo, but I had lent it to a friend.  This worked out fine and didn't hurt my back.  

Photo credit: Chandler

This year, they had "cow milking" and both boys enjoyed this and the free coloring book that came along with it.  


Here's Brighton holding a chick.  I have a picture of Chandler holding one too, of course from my phone.  It was hard enough coordinating this event without lugging the big camera.  This was definitely a highlight for the boys.  


The very best part was the free ice cream at the end.  I even let Maverick have some.  Normally he doesn't get sweets (other than his first b-day cake) so he was loving the few bites I let him have.  We had seen and done everything by about 9:45 a.m. and headed for the car.  The crowds were ROLLING in by that time and I was just smiling.


Since I was on a roll, and it wasn't even 10 o'clock I was wondering how I would spend the rest of the morning until naptime.  Maverick normally naps in the morning, but we were obviously skipping today.  I knew I needed something to pass the time and keep him happy.  Since we were so close, we headed to Pullen.  What a fun time!  I happened to have one mum-mum cracker in the diaper bag and combined with some local applesauce from the cafe, it made lunch for Maverick.  The boys and I had a few things from the cafe as well.



 We took a walk around the lake and the one thing I really miss since they changed Pullen is the picnic tables near the water.  I hope they put some more in soon!


What a great day.  Here's hoping the afternoon is just as good.

1 comment:

Brandi Walker said...

I am impressed! I rarely take the two with me solo! I certainly will, but think long and hard about it first. I just love a day when all the pieces fall into place.