Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Party!

Chandler's 5th B-day party was Saturday and we couldn't have asked for better weather.  It's a good thing too, since we were having an Easter egg hunt and I didn't have much of a backup plan :)  

We took one last family picture at our front porch.  Demolition will start as early as one week (Eeek!)


The crowd (it was 50 + parents and kids) gathered on my neighbor's driveway who graciously offered up their oversized yard for the egg hunt.  They even decorated just for us and hid all the eggs.  How awesome!  Once I yelled "Go" it was everybody running for eggs like crazy.  How fun!


After the egg hunt it was time for games.  We did potato sack races and also a bean bag toss.  Most of the bigger kids were able to do the sack race without falling, but the three and under crowd all fell down (at least once!)


Next it was time for cake.  I ordered a full sheet cake.  It was HUGE, but there wasn't much left over, so it worked out great.  I've never ordered a cake before, but with this large crowd and Easter right around the corner I cut myself some slack.  It was delicious and everybody enjoyed it.  


After cake, Chandler opened his presents.  Last year, we did a "book swap" so Chandler was really excited to get presents this year!  He got so many nice things!  For anybody that asked me, I said he loves outdoor toys and art supplies and that was the majority of what he got.  There are many "crafty" type items and I'm as excited to try them out as he is!  Thanks to everybody for showing him how much he is loved.


After presents we did one more game.  A classic egg-in-spoon race.  Brighton figured out that it's much easier to run fast if you hold onto the egg in the spoon.  He ran much faster this way :)


It was a wonderful party, and it was over too quick!  Chandler had an excellent time and felt so special to be the Birthday Boy.  What a great day for my Big 5-Year-Old!  Here's one last picture of the cousins.


No comments: