Thursday, April 26, 2012

Raising Hippies


Here's a picture of my boys wearing their new baltic amber necklaces

I had read about these necklaces before and wanted to try them out, so when I saw a local mom had 4 for sale on Craig's list, I jumped at the opportunity to get them for all three kiddos.  Maverick has a 13" and the big boys have 14" ones.  Of course they don't sleep in them.  Baltic amber is known for it's analgesic properties and is often called a "teething necklace" for toddlers for that reason.  

Not being educated about it, I thought the children actually "teethed" on them.  I don't think Maverick can get it in his mouth, but he hasn't seemed to notice it yet.  Luckily, if the necklaces do break there is a knot between each bead, so the beads won't scatter and get swallowed.  Baltic amber has historically been used as a natural and traditional remedy for many ailments.  When it is worn on the skin, the skin's warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber.

The boys like them and they look cool, so why not give it a try and see how they "work".  When Chandler put his on, he said, "I feel better already" so there you go!

No comments: