Sunday, April 22, 2012

Special Days


Today was just an ordinary Sunday.  Although it's been raining on and off for most of the day which makes for some interesting times keeping these guys entertained.  We did head to church this morning, but I had something special planned for this afternoon.  Since Dad was home I decided to take Chandler out to the mall during "quiet time".  I don't get to spend time with my boys one-on-one often (besides with the baby at the time ;)

I decided to have Chandler's name embroidered on his Kindergarten bag since I just HATE writing on things unless I absolutely have to.  Plus, the embroidery just looks so nice.  Chandler and I dropped off his bag to be embroidered and then spent some time shopping.  We went into Bath and Body Works and picked up some much needed hand soap.  I also treated Chandler to a blue Icee (notice the blue lips)  We looked around the Lego store and Disney store before heading home.  Overall it was a fun time.

On a side note, the Lego store blew me away.  Chandler is not really into any one toy or any one "thing"  I'm sure this won't last forever, but I'm glad he's happy with most any toy he gets and grateful (usually) for it.  I couldn't believe the prices of the lego sets in that store.  A cheap one was $50!  Most were $79, $89, $99!  For LEGOS???  That's close to our entire budget per child for Christmas and Birthday and any other gift holiday combined.  Right now my motto is: buy used and save the difference.  Hopefully I can continue to do this for gifts for a few more years and not disappoint anybody!

No comments: