Wednesday, March 6, 2013

36 Weeks and Counting!

Yeah!  36 weeks!  If this baby comes as early as Maverick that means I only have 9 days to go.

I'm trying my best to savor these last bites of pregnancy because there is something so special about having your baby growing inside you and I know I won't have this privilege for much longer.  I'm feeling (and looking) as big as a house these days.  My hip/back pain can be so bad some days I can hardly walk and others it is more manageable.  Sleep is hard to come by as no position is really that comfortable.  Even with all these aches and pains I'll miss being pregnant once baby is here.


I was talking to Derek last night about what is the one thing he is looking forward to the most and the least about the birth.  I have yet to get an answer from him.  As for me, I'm looking forward to the most the moment when the baby is placed on my chest and I truly get to meet them for the first time.  What a magical moment :)  As for the least, it's the car ride to the birth center.  I hate being confined like that when I'm trying to have a baby!


Today I picked up baby's Birth-Day cake.  How cute!  I know the boys will be excited to eat this.  Maverick was ready to eat it today!  I also realized that since we are not having a shower for this baby before they are born that it would be smart to have some diapers on hand.  I picked up a small pack that will hopefully get us through the first few days.  For the most part, I use cloth diapers, but my babies aren't generally big enough to fill them out until 1 month or so.


Not much left on the "to do" list, but that's a good thing.  Now we wait...

No comments: