Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Letter to Baby

38 weeks

Hello Baby!

      This is your mommy.  I am writing this letter to you to get down some of my thoughts before you make your appearance into this world and I'm left in a sleep-deprived fog and forget some of these things.  Honestly, I thought that you would be here (at least by today) and so I'm very anxious to meet you.  The good thing is that I'm actually feeling better these days than I was two weeks ago, so I can wait a little while longer.  Please, just come on or before your "due-date" and that will be fine with me!

       Everybody is so impatient to know if you are a boy or a girl!  I think your biggest brothers hope that you are a sister.  I don't really know why that is.  I guess they already know what it's like to have a brother and they want to try out something new.  It will definitely be something new.  Our house is filled with blue, and trucks, and balls, and everything is a weapon.  Not that you can't play with these things too....

        Another question that I'm constantly asked is if you will be our last baby.  Although I'm still not willing to say with 100% certainty, I'm feeling much more "complete" with you than I ever felt with #3 (Maverick).  I would tell people that Maverick was "probably our last" but never truly felt that way in my heart (so here you are!)  For this reason, I know I will try to keep you little as long as I can.  The time just goes by so fast and I want to treasure each moment of your growth and development into the person that you will become.

        I've already joked with your daddy that I'm not sharing you and I will be holding you all the time, Ha!  I just can't wait to meet you, and see what you look like, and discover your personality.  I just feel so blessed to get to do this one more time.  What a unique blessing from God you will be!  You are beyond loved, cherished, and wanted.  Whenever you are ready to come, we are ready for you.

Hope to see you soon!

Love,

Mommy



No comments: