Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Angus Barn, Baby!

Derek and I were able to have a night out for my company's Christmas Party!  
It was a private party held in the wine cellar of Angus Barn and it was awesome!

Derek and I posed in front of the Christmas tree before heading down into the wine cellar.

My company started having their Christmas parties at Angus Barn in 2007.  I was still working there that Christmas when Chandler was a baby, but had left by Christmas of 2008 when I had two children to take care of.  The first Christmas party was held upstairs, but ever year since it has been in the private wine cellar.  Clearly I have been missing out!


This large table seated 30 people and was waited on by at least 4 people (maybe more).


Selfie at the table that I insisted Derek take with me!


This is my second year being invited to the party in the wine cellar and this year it was a set menu with a wine paring with each course.  Think WAY TOO MUCH WINE!  Derek and I don't necessarily like the same wines.  I tend to like the ones he does, but he doesn't always like the ones I do.  We enjoyed soup, salad, tenderloin & salmon, and chocolate lava cake.  I'm not a huge chocolate fan, so I asked for Key Lime Pie instead and the waitstaff happily obliged.

It was a wonderful night out that had us getting home WAY past our normal bedtime of 9 p.m.  Jamison is doing better with taking a bottle, but there has been a lot going on this week, and the bottle did not go well and he was up most of the night.  I guess it was worth that price to pay for this fabulous night out!


No comments: