Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Tea

Tonight my church had one of its' Christmas Teas to raise money for the UMW.

I have hosted a table many years in the past.  It is something I enjoy, but it can be a lot of work.

I have trouble saying "no" when asked to do something.


To make it easier on myself, I found a parter to co-host with.  This meant not getting to use my own china, which I really do enjoy, but also not having to wash my own china afterwards (which I'm not so much a fan of).  It worked out great!


If you can see the center of the table I used my mother's nutcrackers (just part of her collection) as a centerpiece and I thought it looked so cute.  I also did favors of different flavored teas and different colored nail polishes.  Think whimsy.


I invited several of my girlfriends that are also moms of 3 of more, and Meagan and Tammy were able to join me.  I'm so blessed to have these friends in my life.  I treated them to this tea as a way to extend our friendship and to thank them for lifting me up when I needed it along the way.  Both of these moms are such an inspiration to me.  I'm so glad they could join me and we could all have a nice night away enjoying each other's company and just relaxing for a little while.



No comments: