Sunday, September 28, 2014

75th Boone Family Reunion!

Today was the 75th Boone Family Reunion. 

Wow!

I really love the sense of family and togetherness a reunion brings.  To think this has been going on for the last 75 years is amazing to me.  After church we headed to White Oak for the big party.  Everybody brings a dish to share and there is always so much good food to eat.  Unfortunately for me, my diet had started and there was not much there I could partake in.  I brought a spinach salad (to share) and that was most of what I had that day.  Passing over the rows and rows of desserts was certainly not my idea of fun.


Jamison was a Daddy's boy today....I think he could sense Daddy was leaving soon.  We drove from the reunion almost straight to the airport.  


Usually most people eat outside and the food is set up outside, but a large tree had just been cut down and there were remains of it that hadn't been cleaned up, so for that reason the food and most of the people were inside.  We came prepared with our getting to small picnic table and some also getting too small chairs for the big boys.  


The boys' Great Uncle Warren enjoyed talking with them about life in the good old days.  Warren was only 5 years old when the reunion began, the same age that Brighton is now.  


Aunt Elizabeth had driven down from the mountains to enjoy the festivities.  Can't wait till next year!

No comments: