Wednesday, September 3, 2014

While the Kids are Away....Mama will Play

The first day of preschool arrived.  In prep for the big day, I decided to give Jamison a quick hair cut. It had actually gotten quite longish, and although I don't want my baby to loose his "baby-look" quite yet, a little trim was okay.


 Maverick was super excited for his first day!

 Jamison looks so cute next to his bag and with his new shorter locks.  

With all four boys out of the house for the first time ever....what was a mama to do?  I decided to start a project that I had been wanting to tackle for a while.  Paint a tree on the wall of the playroom.  Now keep in mind...I am not an artist by any means, but I do like to be creative and I love to try.  This was a method that I have used before....kind of like a paint by numbers stencil.  I pulled the couch away from the wall, and here's how it went:

 Step 1:

 Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 6:

 Step 11: Completion!

I was thrilled with how it turned out.  I added a cardinal to the right side and a tiny butterfly to the left.  The boys really love it.  On the right side of the wall, I'm starting a photo collage with some of our newly framed prints. Amazingly, I got the entire tree done in just 1.5 hours.  Amazing what you can do without little ones underfoot.  


No comments: