Friday, October 14, 2011

Just Ducky

 And we have a winner!  For Maverick's Halloween costume that is.  Yes, our little man will be a duck.  Other contenders included Elmo, and a bug.  When we were proofing Maverick's 6 month pictures on Wednesday of this week our photographer asked what Maverick was being for Halloween.  When I said I wasn't quite sure, she said, "Well, I have the costume that will be perfect"  When she pulled this adorable outfit out, how could I refuse?

As for our other boys, Chandler is going to be a dinosaur and Brighton would hopefully be one of the many other costumes that we already have on hand for dress up.  When our neighbor asked what he was going to be, Brighton proudly declared, "I'm going to be a bumblebee!"  Not sure where that came from, but he has stuck with this now for more than a week, so I decided to just go with it.

Today, I kept Brighton home from preschool since he had a croupy-sounding cough on Wednesday.  He's been fine since then and no fever, so hopefully he'll stay that way but I wanted to play it safe.  After M's morning nap we headed to Target in search of some Bee-apparal.  Well, most all of the bee costumes are geared towards little girls, and I wanted Brighton to be a "manly" bee, so we are going to have to improvise a little.  I ended up having to buy a few different sets to get the right antennae, bow tie, and wings that didn't have ruffles or lace on them.  As for the rest of it, I bought a yellow shirt and some black duct tape and we'll see how it turns out.

Brighton's favorite part, the stinger!
I even lucked out and found a "stinger" that is the best part to Brighton, for what bee doesn't like to run around stinging his mommy and brother?

As you can see, Brighton makes a very "fierce" bee and was so thrilled with his costume.  He ran around the yard rubbing his but on bushes all while screaming, "pollen, pollen, pollen".....makes a momma smile!

1 comment:

Brandi Walker said...

Maverick is cute, but that Bumble Bee is adorable!!!!