Saturday, October 15, 2011

Love A Fair

Yesterday we took our annual trip to the NC State Fair.  We did miss the year that Chandler was a baby, since he was sick and then we took an out-of-state trip to Florida

Anyways, we all had a good time despite being a touch sick and packing all this fun and excitement into less than 3 hours!  First of all let me just say that I love the food at the fair.  Frankly, who doesn't?  Well, I can't wait until I get to actually enjoy all of my food without sharing any!  I shared everything I had except my corn dog (and I was even asked to share that by my two hungry boys).  Here's a list of all we had at the fair:
  1. 32 oz Hi-C (split 3 ways, Me, C, B)
  2. 1 ear roasted corn (split, Me, C, and B had the last few bites)
  3. Small Bag M&Ms (C, B, and I ate a few for good measure)
  4. Frozen Banana, no peanuts (Me, C, B)
  5. Lemonade (Me, C)
  6. Corn Dog (Me, C, B, D --- each had our own!)
  7. Bucket of Fries (Me, C, B, D)
  8. Pepsi (D)
  9. Deep Fried Snickers (Me, ground......unfortunately I was holding Maverick while trying to eat this and holding a bag of cotton candy and Mr. Grabby was determined he was going to have a bite.  Trying to eat it quickly and keep it away from Maverick caused the last two bites to fall on the ground :(
  10. Cotton Candy (Me, C, B, took most home)
  11. Elephant Ear (Me, C, B, D)
  12. Candy Apple (C, B, shared at home)
  13. Caramel Apple (OH WAIT.....I did have this all to myself, because I ate it at home while everybody was napping the next day!)



We spent our majority of time in kiddy land riding rides.  Chandler saw these trampolines and wanted to try one out.  I think he really enjoyed himself!  Brighton rode the Jalopy car ride while Chandler waited and then we hoped on the carousel.  Chandler had just finished the trampoline and joined us on the carousel before it started.  



Even Maverick got to ride on the carousel!  Maverick was a pretty happy guy and the fair and tolerated being in the stroller well since there was so much to look at.  The only time he was really angry was when I was holding him and trying not to let him eat my Snickers.  He really wanted a bite!



Chandler and Brighton rode practically every ride in kiddy land.  They even rode the giant slide twice.  Luckily we picked a great day to go.  The weather was great and there was hardly a line at anything the boys wanted to do.  Can't wait to see what next year brings!

No comments: