Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oh No!

Oh No! How is it that my favorite baby age (6 months) is already over?  Maverick is SEVEN months old today.  He is changing so much and is starting to become more "boy" than baby.  He still doesn't have any teeth and we keep thinking they are coming since he likes to bite and gnaw on anything he can get.  

He's starting to get so much hair, even though it doesn't show up in most pictures because he is so blonde.  I think he's got the lightest hair out of my three so far.  

Maverick is not crawling yet, and hasn't even started getting his knees up under himself, but when he's sitting he more often falls forward reaching out to get something, than backwards (loses balance) so that's a step in the right direction.  


My Cutie Pie!
Maverick sleeps about 11.5 hours at night, but we occasionally have to go and re-binky him to settle him down.  It's been a little more than normal with this cough/cold that he has, but not too bad.  He's still exclusively nursing and is having one meal a day (dinner) of about 2-3 oz of food.  We'll probably increase that amount a little this month and finally get around to giving him a cup to try with some juice soon.  

He's at the age where he wants to grab anything you are holding when you are holding him.  Especially if it's paper.  Everything goes in the mouth!  He loves watching his big brothers and is starting to anticipate what they will do.  He gets very excited and will squeal with delight and wave his arms and kick his legs.  


Here's  a picture of him I got when I went to wake him up from a nap, so sweet.  He still naps 2 x a day for about 1 1/2 hours in the morning and about 2 hours in the afternoon.  He still likes to be swaddled with his arms out.  He loves the music box/light show in his crib and I've seen him turn it on and off and even sometimes use his feet to do this.

I know soon enough he'll be getting teeth and crawling.  I'm not sure I'm ready for that!

No comments: