Monday, June 4, 2012

Decisions, Decisions....

AHHhhhh!  There are so many decisions to be made about the house and I don't even know where to begin.  Here's a view of the back of the house on Saturday.  Notice the big bush.



And here's the view today.  Derek and I (mainly Derek) took the bush out Saturday just to help the guys along.  Today, they walled in the sides and finished the roof.  Wow!  It's really coming together.





We plan to keep the exterior of the house the same (color-wise) but we are planning on re-roofing the entire house.  Here were our color choices for shingles.  SO MANY CHOICES!!  Derek and I finally decided on slate (3rd column, 4th row).


Derek is gone this week as well, so I'm trying to manage all of this and keep my sanity.  I had attempted to enroll the boys (yes, all THREE) in a summer camp this week to help me do this.  Too bad that Brighton ran a fever last night and today, so he had to stay home with me.  In order to afford this camp, I had planned to work M-W-F (the days M is in camp) so Brighton went to "camp" with me at work.  He lasted about 2 hours, which was pretty good.  After I picked up Maverick and Chandler from camp it was time for naps.  I was hoping that Maverick would settle down like this:


Unfortunately, they got finished with the back of the house sooner than nap-time was over and started on the front.  They finished the front wall of the dining room (which is near Maverick's room) and the noise level was too loud so nap-time ended all too soon.  


Luckily, Mimi and Granddaddy brought over dinner since our dinner plans & playdate had to be cancelled due to Brighton's fever today.  I'm hoping tomorrow goes better.  If Brighton stays fever free tonight, I'll let him go to camp.  We'll definitely be napping at Mimi's house tomorrow since they'll be doing the new porch roof, connected currently to M's room.


Also, we are trying to get ahead on paint colors.  This picture doesn't show very well, but we are picking out a blue for the "play room", red for the 1/2 bath, and a green, tan, & brown for the dinning room and rest of the house.  No idea about the colors for our bedroom and bathroom yet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! It's looking good! We are moving our blog as I have hit the data limit :(