Wednesday, January 2, 2013

27 Weeks!

Picture at 28 weeks!
Today I'm 27 weeks along!  If this baby comes as early as Maverick, that means only 10 weeks to go!  WOW!  Time is flying by.  I've gone from feeling bad, to worse, to better, and now I'm back to miserable.  Luckily I had a midwives appointment today and they were able to get more on more antibiotics.  I hope I feel better soon!

I had been on sudafed 24 hours a day for a week now and it was making me super anxious.  I've been having a hard time sleeping and worrying about things that logically don't make sense.  I explained my concerns to the midwives and they told me NO MORE SUDAFED!  I was able to use Afrin to get me over the hump until the antibiotics kicked in.

Now for some more upbeat news:

The baby is doing and growing well.  I'm measuring right at 27 weeks and the baby's heartbeat is strong at about 150 beats/minute.  The baby is breech at this point, but they aren't concerned (yet) as the baby was literally doing somersaults during the exam.  My blood pressure and weight gain are fine, but my iron is ever-so-slightly low.  This means I will start taking a spoonful of blackstrap molasses (yuck!) daily to help increase this.  I'll have my next check up in about 1 month and then it will be every two weeks.

No comments: