Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Unexpected Update

Today I am 29 weeks pregnant and had an unexpected visit to the midwives.  I'm still not feeling 100%, and when I called the midwives to see what they thought I should do they wanted to see me.

I came in for a brief visit and during that time they checked baby to see how they were.  Even though I refer to baby as "they" there is only 1 in there.  I just don't like saying he/she and definitely not "it".

Baby had flipped and was now head-down, but because of the constant flipping, they want to do an in-house ultrasound at my next appointment to confirm the baby truly is head down.  I never knew the midwives were capable of doing ultrasound, so I'm excited to see what it will look like.  I'm guessing it will be very primitive, but interesting none the less.

Just so you know, they are feeling the baby through my belly at each visit to determine position.  That in itself is pretty amazing.  Baby's heartbeat was 150 beats/minute.

I was given another antibiotic prescription, but told to wait a few days to see if I can improve with out it, incase it's just another cold.  Who knows, but at least now I'm prepared.

Who's ready for Spring?  I know I am!

No comments: