Friday, January 18, 2013

The Dream


Pregnancy can cause you to have strange dreams.  Sudafed can cause anxiety (at least in me)  I'm back on the sudafed (at half the dose) to see if it will help my symptoms without all the excess anxiety.  Well, that combination led to a very scary dream last night.

I haven't disclosed this publicly yet, but I will now.  We are having a major financial burden on our family right now due to the fact that our builder owes us over $14,000.00

Yes, that is 14 THOUSAND DOLLARS.  He has essentially stolen this money from us.  We are taking steps including contacting "Five on Your Side" to recoup this loss, but the process and the road ahead looks lengthly and long.  Do I have the time for this?  No.  Do I want to do this?  No.  But will I take every measure possible to make sure he doesn't get away with this?  Yes.  I need to not let it consume my thoughts and make me so angry though and that is my problem right now.

Last night after tossing and turning for some time, I finally fell back asleep and this was my dream:

I dreamed that I was in a car as the passenger, but there was no driver and we were barreling down the highway (lack of control)  Most of the road was very steep and uphill (uphill battle mentioned above)  The car would come to toll booths and stop and I would not have the money to pay (We are lacking money right now, and we might have to spend more money to hire lawyers, etc....) and we would be turned away.  The car would then take off down another, steeper, uphill road and kept going faster and faster.  There were times I felt like there was nothing I could do.  Finally at one of the toll booths I was able to explain myself to the toll booth operator who kindly allowed me to get out of the car, get in the drivers' seat, and take a down hill road to "safety".  It (the nightmare) was finally over.

Then I woke up.

Not sure what any of this means, but please keep our family in your prayers as we try to navigate this road before us.  I want to do the right thing here, but at the same time, I need to let this go.  It is hard.

No comments: