Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thirty!


Wow!  30 Weeks Today!

Here's an update on another "30" topic.  My old 30 before 30 list.  Let's see how well I did!

30 Before 30
  1. Purchase a beginner piano book and learn a simple song- We'll say this one was a fail.  Not much time has been spent here :(
  2. Take a train ride - took many "kiddy" train rides, but still haven't ridden a real train.  One day....
  3. Walk through a corn maze
  4. Write 5 handwritten letters to friends
  5. Fly a kite with my boys 
  6. Plant daffodil bulbs in front yard
  7. Take a meal to a new mom
  8. Pay it forward 
  9. Visit Connor 
  10. Try out a new recipe
  11. Go Christmas Caroling  
  12. Post my 500th blog post  
  13. Donate to a charity  
  14. Have a party (not for my children) Was so glad to have this one.  We had a wonderful housewarming party in November and I can't wait to have more parties!
  15. Take a good friend to lunch 
  16. Do something nice for a neighbor  
  17. See a movie at the theater with Derek - Amazingly this one happened.  Too bad I've only seen one movie since that time.
  18. Decide where Chandler will go to Kindergarten 
  19. Visit a new city 
  20. Read one book for fun - I'm not really sure this one happened.  I don't have time for "books" but I have read several articles, magazines, and other things....
  21. Update our mailbox - Thanks Mom & Dad!
  22. Figure out how to upload videos to the blog  
  23. Have a progressive dinner party - I tried for this one, but could never get it coordinated.  I'll keep this one on my "to do" list
  24. Bring a meal to somebody who is sick/has sick kids
  25. Try a “fancy” cupcake 
  26. Volunteer at the preschool
  27. Bake & Decorate cookies with my 3 messy boys
  28. Have a live Christmas tree for the first time in 10+ years  
  29. Visit the Biltmore House, or at least plan the trip 
  30. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride, or plan it!

So, I managed to complete all but three.  Not bad, I suppose.  Now, I need to get working on another list.  Things to complete before baby arrives!  Aahhhh!!

I guess I'll think on this one, and repost later :)


No comments: