Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nesting and Wasting Time....

I guess you could say I'm starting to "nest".  I'm really not doing all that much in terms of getting ready for baby, because honestly, I don't feel up to it.  Taking care of a household and three boys is more than I can manage somedays and this weekend my hip has really been bothering me, so I've tried to take it easy (relatively).

Derek probably made 7-8 trips in both of our attics this week and weekend gathering things as I would think of them that I needed for the baby.  Like I mentioned in a previous post there would be things I would remember once I started to see the baby stuff.

I did contact our Pastor, and secured this baby's Baptism date in early June.  My loyal blog readers will remember that my grandmother made the Baptismal blankets for Chandler and Brighton.  Before she died, I asked her if she thought she still had material ready to make one for Maverick and she told me right where to find it in her house.  Funny thing is....she had material ready for not one, but two blankets.

A friend of hers took the material and made Maverick's blanket for his baptism.  I finally got around to calling this friend (actually her daughter) this weekend and shipped her the fabric and lace needed for baby # 4's blanket.  Can't wait to see the finished product!

I also managed to pack most of the things that I will need for my brief stay at the Birthing Center.  I have the robe that I normally put on after getting out of the tub where all 3 boys have been born.  This was one item that required 3 trips into both attics and looking through all of my dresser drawers trying to find.  It was driving me crazy that I couldn't find it, but all is well now.  I packed the boy and girl outfits and "emergency childbirth supplies" should we be delivering on the side of the road (hope not!)



All that's left is electronic items like my I-pod with hypnosis tapes, camera, etc... and food!

And here's a time killer for you if you need to waste time.  For Christmas, Brighton got a "Find It" game.  I had played with it some, but started to really try and find the 40 some items hidden in the tube. Well, after Derek and I spent WAY TOO MUCH time looking for the 5 remaining items, including the elusive penny, I managed to find the teacup.  It's actually a metal disk with a picture of a teacup on it.  


I've caught glimpses of the penny, but not enough to bet my life that there truly is a penny inside this tube.  Derek's solution is to cut the tube open and pour it all out.  We haven't reached that stage of desperation....yet.

No comments: