Monday, January 20, 2014

Family Time....is it Worth It?

Derek has resumed traveling.

Uggh.

I miss him so much while he's away.  He is definitely my right-hand man, and the support he provides for me emotionally and physically is __________.  I can't even describe it.  I just feel so much better and the household runs smoother with Daddy around.  Too bad I'm already aware of 3 more trips where he is requested before May.  Oh well....life goes on.


Here's a picture of part of one of the dinners I made while he was away.  I texted "see what you are missing?"  His response:  "Dinner at 4 p.m.?"  Well, you do what you have to do....and cooking at 
4 p.m. was my best option that day.

Since Daddy was gone for almost a week, I felt that a day off was due!  He took today off and the plan was to go to the Durham L&S Museum.  I went back and forth over whether or not Jamison and I should join them or stay home for a morning nap.  It stinks, because this is supposed to be a family day, and I hate to miss it....so we decided to all go.  


We had a good time.  Unfortunately, Jamison fell asleep for the last 10 minutes in the car and decided that was his nap.  For the ENTIRE DAY!  Not good.  Not good at all.  


Here is Jamison during his afternoon nap after I gave up after 45 min - 1 hour of crying and got him up.  He seems happy here to be sprung.  Thank goodness I was able to put him down for a power nap about 3:30.  I needed a break.  Even though Derek was off he had to waste spend time taking the van to the dealership to figure out what was making the brakes make a thudding sound.  Add to that getting ready for the crazy consignment sale drop off and getting groceries and it was one crazy Monday.  

As for Family time, I'd like more please.  Just gimme a nap too.  

No comments: