Friday, January 3, 2014

Jamie is 9 months (aka 9 months in, 9 months out)

Wow!  Jamison is 9 months old already.  The time is just flying by.  These past two weeks with all the boys home has been fun, yet exhausting.  I tell you, the energy around here is non-stop!  Luckily, Derek has been home for most of it to help me keep these four occupied.

Jamison has been living in PJs for the most part.  We've been enjoying our non-school days and relaxing, so I figure why not.  Plus he got a few new pairs for Christmas and if he doesn't wear them now, he'll outgrow them in no time flat.  


Jamison now has 4 teeth (2 upper, 2 lower)  I think he was enjoying feeling them with his tongue or something this day.  The tongue was out a lot!


It's hard for him to sit still for a picture.  What do you mean I have to sit, Mom?  I'm outta here!


Caught getting ready to go!


Okay, I'll sit, but make this quick.


Chandler offered to hold him still.  I love how these guys share a birthday.  I hope they will always be close like they are now.  Chandler is so caring towards Jamie.


Jamison can now pull up to a stand (if he has the right object in front of him).  His crawling is still his own brand, but he is doing more of the military style, and less of the head/shoveling/twisting/scrunching.  He is also getting up on all fours occasionally, but that is not his preferred style.  Just after Christmas he started "sleeping through the night."  To me this means not nursing from the time I lay him down (7:30 p.m.) till the time he gets up for good (7:30 a.m.)  It's been a blessing and a slight problem as well.  He still occasionally wakes up and has to be settled, and a few times this has meant feeding him, but the main problem has been with breastfeeding.

This guy has always had a strong side-preference.  So with sleeping through the night (dropping a feeding), teething, and a slight cold he has totally given up on the one side!  So annoying.  Iv'e been pumping once a day, but this doesn't maintain my supply (on the one side) so my choices are pump 4x a day (so annoying) or just let him be a one-sided baby.  It would be nice if he would take both sides, so I will try pumping 4x a day for a week, to see if the supply will go back up, and he won't keep rejecting it....oh the things we do for our babies!

9 month stats:
Weight: 19 lbs (~40%)
Length: 27.5" (14%)
Head: 47.15 cm (96%)

No comments: