Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting the Wiggles Out!

These boys had energy to burn, and I really needed them to get some wiggles out.

The weather outside was horrible, tornado-ish even, and rain, rain, rain....

Even though I'm with the boys by myself today, I thought a trip to Monkey Joes was in order.  We've never been there, but I had a coupon, and also won a birthday party certificate, so I thought we should check it out beforehand.

Chandler & Brighton were so good about watching/helping Maverick for me while I filled out all the forms to reserve a party.  I'm not sure if Maverick actually went inside any of the inflatables, but he eventually just hung out with me at the counter while I finished.  Finally that was all done, but I had to nurse Jamison, so then when that was done, I told Maverick I'd play with him.    Maverick wanted no part of going inside any of the inflatables, which is frustrating when you have:
  1. Paid for all this "Fun" he is supposed to be having
  2. Taken him here to burn off some energy and he just wants to sit and watch



So I did what any other good parent would do and I went inside one of the inflatables (while holding Jamison, nonetheless) and waited patiently for Maverick to join me.  My trick worked and he was having fun in no time.  Poor Jamison was clinging to me for dear life and wanted no part of the "bouncy house" experience.  I probably sat inside the bouncy house while Maverick played for about 45 minutes.  He made friends with a little boy (black shirt) who along with his sister, kept photo-bombing all my pictures.


The big boys were good and sweaty by the time we called it quits.  It was worth it to not have my house destroyed and not listening to the noise that would come along with that.



No comments: