Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Fair!

Ah, the Fair!

My boys and I LOVE the fair.  Chandler said he wished the fair could be every week.  Me too, except I don't think we could afford it more than once a year.  WOW....the fair is expensive!

This year we were SO BLESSED.  We walked into the fair about 3 p.m. and not one, but two families handed us their "extra" tickets as they were leaving.  We've all done it....you have 3-10 tickets left over.  Not really enough to do anything with, especially when all 3-4 kids have to ride one last ride.  So you say, "that's all folks" and head for the car.  You look for a family to give your extra tickets to and God knew my boys were up for riding more than 2-3 rides each (which was about the number of tickets we had).  I was speechless by the number of tickets one family handed us.  I quickly said, "Thank you so much!" as they hurried away toward the gate.  They had handed us about half as many tickets as we had bought for our family.  Such a blessing!


Jamison likes some of the rides.  Not really a fan of the carousel though.  He likes to ride on the bench or be held.  Don't you dare try him on a horse!


This picture cracks me up.  Maverick didn't want to smile before we took off on the swings.  I took a video of us swinging together though.  It was so cute.  He was experiencing pure JOY and so was I.  Priceless.


We tend to eat at the same sit-down place for dinner each year.  Corndogs are a favorite (and hot dogs for the little two).  I bring paper plates because that just makes it easier.  I also brought applesauce for the boys, to make it a balanced meal :)  Jamison even got the last 1/3 of one of Daddy's corndogs.  He didn't want to miss out on food on a stick.  


One of the last rides Maverick selected.  Jamison was not happy at all that he wasn't tall enough to ride.  Maverick can ride almost any of the kiddie rides because he is so tall!  Chandler and Brighton were adventurous and loved riding the kiddy thrill-rides for the tween-set.  It adds up quickly when those type of rides are 5 tickets each!!

What a fun time.  I think this was the latest we've ever stayed out at the fair.  The boys actually got to see the lights come on a night, ha!  They were loving every minute of it.  Can't wait for next year!

No comments: