Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thousands of Pictures for a Lost Shoe

I finally hit 1,000 pictures on my phone.

Picture 100
It's hard to believe that I once had a phone that couldn't take a picture.  Only cameras did that, right?
200
300
400
Here Maverick and I are enjoying the State Fair 2013

500

We must enjoy Pullen Park a lot....it made the cut 2x!
600
Many moons ago, we had a membership to Marbles.  Once I had 3 preschoolers, it became too crazy for me to handle alone.  Now that I only have 2 preschoolers again, we have re-joined.  I think they've added more staff since then too....seems a little bit more controlled than before.
700
800
Above was from a special exhibit at the Science Museum in downtown Raleigh.  Below is Jamison during his summer swim lessons.  
900

1,000

So the final picture is one I snapped of my computer screen before leaving the house on an adventure to go rescue a lost shoe.  See....Chandler, Brighton, & Daddy went camping over the weekend and somehow Chandler came home with only one shoe.  I won't name names Daddy & Chandler but it definitely wasn't my fault that the shoe was left behind.  I guess I also won't mention that Chandler apparently only had ONE pair of shoes that fit and since he now only had ONE SHOE out of the ONE PAIR, he was in a pickle to say the least.  Also, we had JUST BOUGHT THESE NEW SHOES less than two weeks earlier and I certainly didn't have the money to just go and replace them, as in, Oh well....here are some MORE new shoes.  Try not to loose this pair, OKAY??

Needless to say, I was angry.

I prayed about it.

I got up extra early on this day because I had to be at a meeting by 9 a.m. for which I was bringing for to.  I got the little two out the door before 8 and we headed to the lake to try and find the shoes at the campground.  Just my luck, the gate was locked.  I called the ranger, but it appeared there was nobody camping at the group site that day.  I got out the single umbrella stroller and put Jamison in it, and Maverick and I started briskly walking jogging toward where the campsite might be.

I am not a runner.  I am not even a jogger.  Walking is okay, but not when I'm trying to meet a deadline and I'm dragging a 3 year-old and pushing a baby all trying to find a lost shoe that MAY or MAY NOT even be where I'm going.  I jogged at least two miles (based on how long it took me) before I finally made it to the car again, and yes....I did retrieve the shoe.  Thank goodness it was mostly downhill on the way back because jogging is not my thing!  I was a tad late for the meeting, but I guess it was worth it to get the shoe back.  

"Thanks, Mom!  You're the BEST!"

At least that's what I tell myself.

No comments: