Monday, July 18, 2011

Maverick is 4 Months

So let's be honest here, the road from 3 to 4 months has been a rocky one. We were in a routine, and it was working, but that flew out the window and now we have to learn a whole new set of expectations (Maverick's, not mine). This little guy certainly calls the shots around here and he's sometimes hard to please. Such a change from my "easy" baby. Not that he's been that hard, but learning his new sleeping and napping schedule has been a little tricky.

It's hard to believe that 1/3 of a year is over. In my mind the first year is always the hardest, so only 2/3s to go....yeah! Although I like this cuddly, baby stage, you are certainly working for it! So here's the little guy at 4 months old. Apparently it was a hand chewing day, as I could hardly keep his hands away from his mouth.

He had his 4-month check today and did great. We were a little concerned about the flat spot on the back of his head, but the doctor isn't and said it will "round out" once he starts sitting up in a few months. He still only poops about every 10-14 days which makes for easy diaper changes, but some clear the room gas in between. Here are his stats:
Weight 14 lbs, 10 oz, 45 %
Height 25.5 in, 70 %
Head 42 cm, 45 %

So as you can see he's carving his own growth chart. I certainly don't mind having a lighter, longer baby. Chandler and Brighton weighed about this much at two months!

The doctor said I could start solids now, but I don't agree with that and neither does the research so we aren't. I already knew I felt this way before the appointment, so I'm not sure why I let this bother me each time, but it does. Enough about the "facts" here's some fun stuff about Maverick:
This guy loves to be outside. If he's fussy, take him outside and he almost immediately is happy. His big brothers love him to pieces and he loves watching them play. Sometimes they will entertain him by showing him his toys (or theirs) and he really loves the attention. Maverick will laugh for you, but you've really got to be funny. Daddy finally achieved this the other night while talking about tooting. Go figure! He also recently rolled over (tummy to back) and I was able to capture it on video, but no pictures because Daddy was at a photo shoot.
As for sleeping, we are still working on it. He goes down about 7:30 and we are happy if we see 3 a.m. for a feed. Sometimes it's only 1 a.m., and that's hard because then he will wake up about 5:30 for another feed. Although, last night he fed at 1, and is still SLEEPING at 7:30 a.m. I can live with that! It's a work in progress.

Can't wait to see what next month has in store for us.

No comments: