Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The City of Steel...

So, I can't remember the last time that I have actually written a post to this blog. At one point, I was the only one that posted to this blog! So, Mommy has some posts about life at home without Daddy for the week. I thought I'd pitch in and show you where Daddy is and what he is up to....for those who care..... I am in Pittsburgh all week for business. I'm an explorer, so when I'm not busy with the conference or meeting with clients and colleagues, I'm on the go...I really should have brought my sneakers, because my feet and calves are pretty sore from the amount of walking I've been doing. Pittsburgh seems pretty neat in that regard though, for a fairly large city, seems like you can walk to most places if you're willing. Here's where I'm staying....


Kinda neat to have a city with both the professional football stadium, the professional baseball stadium, and the professional hockey stadium, all within walking distance:


To the southside of the city is a small mountain that has cable car like things that are on a track, and you ride up them to the top. The view of the city below is pretty neat:


So, on my way back to the hotel this evening, I overheard on the street some people talking about the Penguins having a gave this evening....while pointing out the traffic around downtown. So, out of curiosity, I jokingly asked the concierge at my hotel, if she had any ideas of possible ways to get cheap tickets. I really wasn't expecting anything...but the concierge is really friendly and fun to talk to...so I gave it a shot. I think my wife has taught me this (she is really good at getting deals and finding out information by asking a question to someone who I thought would never be able to help or have any information on the subject matter) and it is really starting to rub off. It pays to ask...as a result I scored this seat to the Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Detroit Red Wings preseason game tonight:


So, the concierge worked closely with a broker, and literally, no more than 15 minutes went by and the ticket was hand delivered to my hotel room. How much did the ticket cost you may ask? Well...again, I was interested in cheap tickets, so I wasn't going to spend much. So, the face value of the ticket was $180...I went to the game, having to spend more for nachos and a pepsi than I did for that $180 face value ticket. Good deal for $25. Here are some more pictures of the city I took...






Overall a good trip. I am definitely not used to the traveling lifestyle...neat for a change. But honestly, and I really am being honest (not just saying what my wife wants to hear), I do miss my wife and boys terribly. Can honestly say it is hard not kissing them goodnight.

I will be home soon....

1 comment:

O Boys Mommy said...

Glad I'm finally rubbing off on you!