Wednesday, September 28, 2011

30 Before Thirty


I'm sure most people have heard of the concept of a "bucket list".  Well, here is another popular thing to do and it's to make a list of 30 things that you'd like to accomplish/do before you turn thirty.  Since I'm a little late in the game on this one and have less than one year to finish my list I've tried to be realistic.  Keep in mind that I have a limited budget with which to work with, limited time, and three little ones that need my constant care.  That said, I'm pretty sure I can get these things done, in fact, I can already cross off one thing!  To be fair, I did start making this list before I did # 3, so that counts in my book.  


30 Before 30
  1. Purchase a beginner piano book and learn a simple song
  2. Take a train ride (on a non-kiddy train)
  3. Walk through a corn maze
  4. Write 5 handwritten letters to friends
  5. Fly a kite with my boys
  6. Plant daffodil bulbs in front yard
  7. Take a meal to a new mom
  8. Pay it forward
  9. Visit Connor
  10. Try out a new recipe
  11. Go Christmas Caroling
  12. Post my 500th blog post
  13. Donate to a charity
  14. Have a party (not for my children)
  15. Take a good friend to lunch
  16. Do something nice for a neighbor
  17. See a movie at the theater with Derek
  18. Decide where Chandler will go to Kindergarten
  19. Visit a new city
  20. Read one book for fun
  21. Update our mailbox
  22. Figure out how to upload videos to the blog
  23. Have a progressive dinner party
  24. Bring a meal to somebody who is sick/has sick kids
  25. Try a “fancy” cupcake
  26. Volunteer at the preschool
  27. Bake & Decorate cookies with my 3 messy boys
  28. Have a live Christmas tree for the first time in 10+ years
  29. Visit the Biltmore House, or at least plan the trip*
  30. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride, or plan it!*
*Disclaimer.....I put that I'd like to plan # 29 & 30 since it's doubtful that I'll do these before I turn 30.  Since I'll still be nursing Maverick at that point, I won't be leaving him for a weekend away anytime soon.  Maybe these can occur in the Fall of 2012, at least the year that I turn 30.  Also, I'd like to mention that I had to do some sweet talking to convince my sweetie to do # 30 with me since he has declared boldly on more than one occasion that he will not ride in a hot air balloon.  I think it's a control issue for him since he likes to be in control and not just headed wherever the wind takes him.  This can be seen as a metaphor for his life too (I think).  

Wish me luck!  Occasionally I'll repost this list with updates on what I do.  To get me started, I'd like to "Pay it Forward" to the first three people to comment on this post.  Sorry, this is for non-related people only.  I was inspired by Four Bright Eyes with her post about paying it forward.  She sent me a handmade tea towel that was so nice.  I will make a handmade gift that will be delivered or mailed before I turn 30 to the lucky recipients.  Hopefully they will be inspired to "Pay it Forward" as well.  

2 comments:

Megan and Adam Pfanmiller said...

Check out living social today-hot air balloon rides are being offered! I like your list!!

LuluBelle's Mama said...

I was thinking the same about the hot air balloon rides! I somehow didn't know or forgot that you're not even 30 yet... you're a baby!! ; ) Was just thinking of you yesterday so had to check out the blog... good luck with your list! The girls and I will come play at your house some time if you and Derek want to go to a matinee...