Sunday, March 27, 2011

And the show went on....

We planned to have Chandler's 4th Birthday party early since his birthday and Maverick's due date were so close. I thought that having the party 3 weeks early would ensure we could have the party without a new baby in tow. Boy was I wrong! Maverick was born on Friday, March 18th at 4:27 p.m. and 25 hours later Chandler's Birthday party went on as scheduled. I only made a brief appearance at the beginning and again for the last 20-30 minutes. Maverick slept happily in the car and family members took turns keeping an eye on him.
I hear that the party was a blast and Chandler had a great time. I hated to miss most of it, but we decided this was the best option.
We had pizza and cupcakes and Chandler was so excited and wanted to play that he only ate the icing on his cupcake. He had requested lemon cupcakes with purple icing and Grandma made them.
Instead of traditional gifts, I requested that the kids bring a new book for a swap. The birthday boy got first pick and then the other kids got to pick out their favorite. I think this was a success too. Much better than way too many presents and no place to put them! Overall it was a great day for Chandler and he says he is four now (although he still has a week to go). Happy Birthday Chandler, we love you!

No comments: