Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Mimi

Today we celebrated my mom's (Mimi's) 60th Birthday. I made the cake with some decorating help from Diane. I'm glad I started on the cake the night before because it always takes longer than you think it will. I was rather pleased with how it turned out. It was a carrot cake, and I heard it was quite yummy. I was too busy serving it and helping with other things to actually get a piece for myself at the party!
The party was a 1960's theme and people even got dressed up for the occasion. Derek and his mom actually won two of the "best dressed" awards that were handed out. Too bad we never got a picture of Derek, but my cousin did. He looked hilarious! My mom had a great time. Here she is dancing with her friends:
I organized the games we played. We did a trivia sheet about my mom and also "name that tune" I think everybody had fun. My dad even arranged with me to dance to the song "Brenda" with my mom as a surprise. What a great night!
Tonight was also a milestone for the boys as it was the first time ever that they had a non-family member baby sitter. They did great and can't wait to do it again.

Happy Birthday Mimi!

No comments: