Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day of Bliss

Today is definitely a day of Bliss! I started my day by taking the boys to Chick-fil-A for free Breakfast. You can't beat that! We each had chicken minis and I had water too. I pre-packed the boys some milk and cut up apples. After eating the boys played on the playground for a little bit before we headed off to MOPS.

I LOVE MOPS!!! It is such a blessing to me and today was awesome. It was "spa day" and I began my time at MOPS by receiving a professional hand massage. Then I headed over to one of the craft stations where I made a rice heating/cooling pack. Isn't it so cute?

Everything was pretty much pre-sewn. I just added the rice and a few tablespoons of lavender to each section and sewed it shut. I love the smell of lavender and can't wait to try it out. How relaxing. Speaking of relaxing, I love nothing more than a nice hot bath. The next craft station was right up my alley....bath salts!
There were recipes for three different types: Relaxation, Sore Muscles, and Cold & Flu. I got to make two bags of each kind. These definitely will be put to good use. I enjoyed making them and smelling all the essential oils that went into each one. How fun!

After making the bath salts, I did a warm hand scrub and then sat down and enjoyed good conversation while having some brunch. I then put my name down for a cappuccino, but since I'm not a coffee fan of any sort, I requested just a hot chocolate. Yummy!

Oh, and did I mention that I got my car washed, for free, while all this relaxation was happening. The day is going to end off great too since it's Shrove Tuesday at church and we'll be feasting on a pancake supper tonight. These are the days!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

agree with the wonderful MOPS day - and by the way, the picture below with the boys and your belly - ADORABLE!!!!!!