Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

My bags for the Birth Center are packed. Granted it probably looks like a lot for a 6 hour stay, so let me fill you in on everything shown here. First of all the red bag (by far the largest bag) is not for me at all. It is for Chandler and Brighton and is filled with various things to keep them entertained should they come with us. It has books, coloring books, water colors, play dough, toys, and some special snacks/treats. Actually now that I think about it....I'm missing two more things in this picture which are a gift for Chandler and Brighton from the new baby. I'll be putting those in the car too.

The next largest bag, the black one, contains things that I might need along with stuff for the new baby. It has my toiletries, a t-shirt, underwear, bras, socks, and a robe for me. It also has both coming home (boy or girl) outfits, 2 baby blankets and a burp cloth.

The pink bag contains probably the most important stuff to me:
My labor food! Yum! I tried to pick things that were good for energy like nuts, but I also needed some chocolate too. The bag of Craisins trail-mix has been altered by me to include a few handfuls of PB M&Ms. I also have a few drinks that are not pictured that are being kept in the frig so they are nice and cold when I need them. I have yet to make the soup that I will have after the birth, but that should get done tomorrow. We also always bring a cake for the "Birthday party" but last time since we were going home at 2 a.m. we didn't eat it. To save my sanity but also keep the tradition, I will buy a very small cake from Harris Teeter and use that. After making my mom's b-day cake, I'm not willing to tackle another one right now.

Lastly, the blue laundry bag contains two large towels, two trash bags, and a plastic grocery bag. These are considered emergency supplies should I have to deliver en-route to the Birth Center. Derek will be doing his best to ensure that does not happen! He did review the guidelines on how to assist the mother with delivery, but I'm sure he'd really prefer leaving that part to my midwife. Luckily they've told us that babies that come that fast generally do just fine.

Well I guess that's it. There are a few last minute things we'll be grabbing like the camera, flip, and my i-pod with my hypnosis scripts on it, but we are ready. Anytime this baby wants to come, although we'd prefer not Saturday (Chandler's b-day party) we are ready!!

No comments: