Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Almost Halfway

Some say that I may attempt too much.  They may be right.  All I know is that when my boys are busy, they are better behaved.  They have too much to do to cause trouble.  With that in mind, I decided to head to the NC Zoo.  We hadn't been in a year, so the trip was overdue.  My mom actually came home early from the beach and decided to join us.  We had a great time.  In my formal life, pre-kids, I actually had a job offer to work at the Zoo.  I was going to be the elephant/giraffe/zebra keeper.  How cool would that have been?

Anyways, I visited an old co-worker and she let us in the Zoo for free.  That was really nice of her.  I got to catch up with several volunteers as I walked around the Zoo and it brought back so many memories.  

Maverick was NOT a fan of the long car ride to get to the zoo.  I think we'll need to time our car rides this summer during afternoon nap times.  He was SO excited to get out of the stroller and see some animals.  Here he is jumping up and down and beating on the glass when he saw the black bears.




Of course, we couldn't pass up a ride on the carousel.  Brighton actually rode a wolf on the opposite side from M & C, but came over to pose for pictures after the ride was over.  


Everybody loved the giraffes.


Chandler loved watching the elephants spray dirt on their backs.  

After getting back from the zoo, I took C & B for hair cuts.  I know this isn't the best picture, but their hair is much, much shorter with the same over-all look.  After haircuts, we headed to Mimi's & Granddaddy Bob's for dinner.  What a treat...we had fish.  I enlisted my mom to help with baths and then we headed home.


There was a package from Daddy waiting for us.  All the boys were excited.  What could it be?


It was popcorn, how yummy!  I enjoyed the treat after I got everybody in bed.  I can't believe my baby, Chandler, will graduate preschool tomorrow!  I hope to have "Face Time" with Derek tomorrow morning so he can see some of the ceremony.

No comments: