Tuesday, May 8, 2012

House Update

Okay, so I meant to give an update on the house progress on Friday, but that didn't happen, so I figured I'd go ahead an update up until today (Tuesday).  By last Friday, they had finished getting the foundation up for the house part of the addition.  They had not yet tackled the front porch extension.
Here's a picture of the new foundation:



Here's a picture of where the new front porch will be.  You can get an idea of how big it will be since it will start where the bricks stop and go to where the front of the current front porch is.  It's 6 feet wide!

 On Monday, they got the front wall of the front porch completed.  Now I can visualize it better!

On Tuesday, they put in the steps for the front porch, there is a set on each side and they are solid brick.  It looks very nice, I think.  


Also, if you look to the back of the property, you will see that our storage shed has been turned 90 degrees.  See top picture for comparison.  They will get the fence put back up hopefully in the next month or so.  They are concentrating on the framing next.  

Amazingly, the boys have been able to sleep through all the noise during naptime.  They'll wake up if I try to put the dishes away, or come out the front door, but I guess the noise is far enough removed that it hasn't bothered them much.  Hooray!

No comments: