Saturday, May 12, 2012

Early Mother's Day

Today, I finally got to see a movie with Derek.  Hooray!  We saw "To the Arctic: 3D" at Imax.  It was good.  I was glad that the momma polar bear protected her cubs and they didn't get eaten.  That would have been a bad movie.  Afterwards, we were heading for home Diane's house to have dinner when Derek informed me that he had a picnic planned for us instead.  I had suspected that something was up, but didn't know what so I just rolled with it.

We decided to go to Yates Mill Pond park.  I hadn't been there in a long time, and Derek had never been.

We walked around the lake before setting up our picnic.  This is definitely the place to go take pictures.  We saw several couples that must be going to Prom that night walk by us to take pictures.  I wondered what everybody must have thought of us having our picnic.  They certainly didn't think we were a couple that had three kids, that's for sure!  It was a WONDERFUL Mother's Day surprise and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have a "date" with Derek.  Thanks to everybody who made it happen.

Later, all my boys, and Derek gave me gift cards to the spa.  I will be enjoying that once Derek gets back from his first week away from us later this month.  I will need it, I'm sure.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: