Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Breakfast

Today, Chandler's Preschool class held a breakfast for all the moms in honor of Mother's Day.  Chandler doesn't go to school on Thursdays so this was a real treat for him (and me, Brighton, & Maverick too)

The tables were set with a info sheet about each mom.  Chandler got my age right since we've already been talking about my big birthday next week.  Some of the other moms were listed as 16, 44, and even 89!  Here are my stats (according to Chandler)

My Mom

Her name is Lindsay and she is 30 years old.
She has car keys.
Her favorite color is hot pink.
She likes to eat apples and spaghetti. (hopefully not together!)
Her favorite thing to do is go on a walk with me.
She always tells me to stay near the car when I'm in the parking lot.
I love my mom because she helps me when I need help.

Here Chandler holds up a picture of me.  Since I'm familiar with his drawing skills I knew he didn't do this alone.  Not sure what parts he actually did.  The bottom says "I love my mommy because she helped me with my birthday present" (we still haven't finished "excavating" the dinosaur skull, that is encased in plaster)

Chandler also painted this flower pot.  It is so cute.  I know I'll cherish this for years to come!  The whole class even sang a few songs for all the moms.  How cute.  Hopefully Derek will do a guest post next week when it's "Doughnuts with Dad"

No comments: