Sunday, May 20, 2012

Survival...Day 1

Today marks day one of survival while Daddy is away.  Derek left at 6:30 a.m. for a trip to Las Vegas for work.  Mommy is praying that Maverick will be better for this week than he was last week.  It was not fun.  3 molars, and a constant fever, not sleeping.....makes for a rough week.

Even though Maverick slept much better (still not great) I decided to skip church since I wasn't up for the challenge of all three with Maverick possibly being very fussy.  But, what to do to keep everybody entertained?  On a whim, I decided to take the boys to the Farmer's market.  Maverick likes being outside and seeing people, so I figured he'd do okay.  He was actually fine.  The boys loved picking out fresh fruits and veggies.  They wanted to get some flowers too.  I got them each a honey stick and they sampled lots of things.  We had berries for lunch and will have more for dinner.  They also picked out some great stuff for a yummy salad tonight.


The whims continued as we headed to Pullen Park for an hour before heading home for lunch.  That place was PACKED.  I love the changes to Pullen, but not the crowds.  Brighton wanted to ride the boats solo:



Luckily, I was able to talk Chandler into letting Maverick in his boat.  I wasn't sure how M would do, but he did great and didn't fuss at all.  Such a big boy, ringing the bell and driving the wheel.  



We also all took a train ride.  We were all set to leave in 15 minutes when Brighton announced he had to potty.  I guessed he could wait and said we'd go in 5 minutes.  Well, I forgot and we went to the next part of the playground.  Now, it's been 10 minutes and Brighton runs up to me frantically saying he needs to go!  I told him to run and get Chandler (on the other side of the playground) while I put M in the stroller.  Poor Brighton, Chandler wouldn't listen to him and so he kept running back and forth between me and Chandler.  Then Brighton ran up to me and said, "uh, oh....Mommy, I peed in my pants"  I couldn't be mad at him.  We were headed home anyways, and I had clothes in the car.  I did speak to Chandler about how not listening to his brother caused Brighton to pee in his pants.  No big deal.  We headed home and plan to go swimming this afternoon and grill some hotdogs.

No comments: