Thursday, May 17, 2012

Doughnuts With Dad

Wow....it's been a long time since I've posted...

Today, I was invited by Chandler to attend "Doughnuts With Dad" at his preschool.  I let him know several weeks ago that I wouldn't miss it for anything.

As I'm walking out the door this morning to go to school with Chandler, Lindsay reminds me to take some pictures.

So, as I'm typing this post, I have no pictures to share....

It's not that I didn't want to take pictures, it's that I was so wrapped up in emotion of being with my son at his preschool and seeing his absolute delight that I was with him participating in his activities.  It was really cool.  It's what being a father is all about.  The emotion surrounding his delight of me being there and my absolute love of being with him was surreal!

So, we ate some breakfast together, wearing a tie that he made for me:
 
Then, Chandler asks me in my ear, "Daddy, I know you probably have to go to work, but can you stay for Chapel?".  How in the world can I answer with anything, but "Of Course!".

We then went to Chapel together and sang songs and had a great time!

Chandler's graduation from preschool occurs next Wednesday.  I will not be there, I will be in Las Vegas for work.  Is it crazy that we are possibly going to coordinate FaceTime on our iPhones so that I can 'be there'? 

So proud of you Chandler....

No comments: