Wednesday, May 30, 2012

House Update!

Okay, I know I've been slacking.  Derek and I have been very good about taking daily pictures of the progress we are making on the house, but I've been less diligent with my weekly updates.  Incase you've forgotten.  This is where we started:



And here is where we are now!


Wow!  What a difference, huh?  Not much going on today with all the rain from Tropical Storm Beryl.  I really can't complain much since the guys have been working extra hard to get back on track after a few rain-delays with the foundation.  The guys that are working here live about 1 hour away and have been putting in some long days to get the roof up.  They had hoped to finish it all this week, but maybe not now....we'll see.  The roof over the back part of the master suite has yet to be started.  Part of our current roof will need to be removed and for a 3 or so hour period (while they add the new roof) we certainly wouldn't want it to be raining, so today was not good for that.  Hopefully tomorrow.

Here's a front view  

It looks like we are about 2 months or so out.  I can't wait to "move in"

1 comment:

Brandi Walker said...

I drove by today to get a glimpse of the front. I can't believe how much extra space you guys are getting. So exciting!