Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm still in S-H-O-C-K!!

What can I say?? I was totally surprised on Sunday afternoon when I walked into my Mother-In-Law's house and everybody yelled "Surprise". That's right, my family and friends had gathered for a surprise baby shower just for me.

I couldn't have been more honored to have all these people gathered to help me celebrate this third little miracle growing inside me. I've always wanted a surprise party, but that's not something you can really ask for. It genuinely has to come as an idea from somebody else and I was certainly shocked. Of course, I cried. Here's the pretty cake that was made to celebrate Maverick's upcoming birth. It was a white layer cake with jam in the middle....YUM!
My MIL, Diane spent many hours (I'm sure) organizing this wonderful event. Making all the food, and coming up with great games to play. Here I am getting ready to play "pin the clothes on the baby".
I thought I would do well at this, but my baby sock ended up more at knee level than on the foot. Oh well! I had such a wonderful time at the party. Derek and the boys joined us after "quiet time" was over, so he was able to get a few pictures. I certainly wasn't prepared with a camera or anything!
Chandler enjoyed helping me open up some gifts. Since with both boys we were surprised, most baby things we have are gender neutral. Even though we know this is a boy, I'm still hesitant to cut tags off until I see it for myself :) I am excited to have some cute boy clothes and things though. I can't wait to meet this little guy. I know that many people have different opinions on showers for 2nd, 3rd, etc... babies, but to me the shower is about celebrating the new life about to be and also the mom for her 9 months of hard work. Every baby is special, and I certainly feel that way too after this wonderful surprise. Thank you Diane!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! That is awesome; I'm so glad you had a lovely surprise and a great time--and I totally agree with you about baby showers being a celebration of the baby-to-come. Can't wait to see pics of your latest!