Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mom's Day Off

On Saturday we were all looking forward to a trip to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, NC. Unfortunately, I started running a fever Friday night and it lasted All Day Long on Saturday. It was not fun! Dad got the boys loaded in the car, picked up Grandma, and headed to the museum without me on Saturday morning to be there when the museum opened at 10 a.m. They didn't get home until about 1:30 p.m. It was so weird to be all alone in the house for that long with no kids. I can't even remember if I've had this experience before.
The boys spent most of their time outside and I heard all about the bears that they got to see. I think Dad took them to parts of the museum that we've never been to before. Normally we do part of the inside, the barn yard animals, the butterfly house, the train, and then never make it past the dinosaurs before it's time to go.
Apparently they even got to see the wolves being fed. That was a real hit! I really hated that I missed out, but I was feeling rotten and really needed the rest. This being sick and gestating a baby is hard work. Too bad it takes a 101 fever for mom to get the day off. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

No comments: