Thursday, February 17, 2011

You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

The boys had dentist appointments today. After some discussion with my MOPS group it was brought to my attention that we would be charged for Brighton's visit. I was under the impression that visits with this particular practice were free until age 3.

Brighton has actually already been seen twice by this dentist and both times were free, so I just assumed this visit would be too. Since he doesn't turn 3 until almost the end of this year we opted to not add him to our dental plan until 2012. I certainly wasn't about to pay for a dental cleaning on my two-year-old without dental coverage. I explained the "mis-communication" to the dental hygienist when when she called Brighton back. They went ahead with a normal cleaning for Chandler and he did great. No cavities!

When the dentist came to check Chandler's teeth, I explained that Brighton was supposed to be seen today, but I hadn't added him to our dental plan yet since he's not yet three. The dentist understood, and agreed to take a quick look at Brighton's teeth....no charge! This is what I expected would happen. So as you can see we have two happy boys with their toothbrushes and bouncy balls with great looking teeth. It pays to be nice and ask for what you want!

No comments: