Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Love-Hate relationship

Most people know that we use a professional photographer to take pictures of our boys at 3, 6, 9, & 12 months. She is WONDERFUL and we love her. Unfortunately we can't afford for her to take all the family photos we would like.

In the past we have gone to Glamour Shots to get maternity photos done. I have generally been pleased with the results, but they can also start to get pricey. The other reason I decided against them this year is the time that Glamour Shots takes. A makeover for me is fun, but keeping the boys entertained and well behaved for that long would be a trying experience.

I decided to settle on Portrait Innovations. I can get a package for $9.95 and I really just wanted to have a few pictures that I could put in our scrapbooks. If you get a wallet size picture from us in the mail, enjoy it. I will only have about 30 more to pass out!

Anyways, I showed up to the studio this morning dressed and ready to go. Who knew they would have a problem with me showing my belly since nobody told me. I was told I could reschedule or cover up somehow. Since I had only brought one shirt, I used a white satin sheet and did the best I could to cover up and "be more modest". After spending probably 10 minutes with me and the boys we were finished.

Needless to say the images were O.K. but not great. I guess for $9.95 you can't ask for much. There wasn't a single one of the three of us that was really even O.K. The boys either looked ridiculous, deer in the headlights, or had eyes closed. Ultimately I settled on this image:
Even though you can't see Brighton's face, it's still cute. It will still capture this time in our lives. I had hoped to get the free cards with this image and then one of me and Chandler and one of me and Brighton. Of course even though we have done this with the $9.95 special before for some reason today the associate said we could only have a single image card. I wasn't about to spend $14.99 more to get two more images that were only so-so anyways, so we declined.

I did however get this image of just me:

This was one of the best images of me and we have always gotten a maternity shot of just mom, so I couldn't resist. I know that you certainly get what you pay for, but I ALWAYS end up leaving that studio frustrated and wondering if it was even worth the $9.95. I guess it is, but when you are used to the quality that a real professional photographer can produce nobody else comes even close.

No comments: